A 19-year-old man has been arrested and charged with murder and house breaking with intent to steal and theft, after an elderly man’s body was found in his house in Club 2000, Galeshewe. It is alleged that the suspect broke into the house and murdered the elderly man, and stole electric appliances including groceries.
The suspect was arrested on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 after he was seen selling some of the electric appliances belonging to the deceased. We immediately recovered some of the electrical appliances which were stolen from the deceased’s house after the arrest of the suspect.
He will appear before the Galeshewe Magistrate’s Court on Friday, 13 October 2017.
The investigation continues.
Media Statement issued by Corporate Communication and Liaison SAPS
- THE NORTHERN CAPE WILL BE THE HARDEST HIT BY CLIMATE CHANGE - June 29, 2018
- Community Leader Replies to ANC Statement on Sol Electricity Tariffs - June 28, 2018
- Water Outage & Water Restoration Tips - March 24, 2018
- Piet Els Farm Attack Latest Coverage & Updates - January 24, 2018
- Die Gariep Kunstefees sê Koebaai - January 22, 2018
- Sol Plaatje Municipality Mayoral Councillors stop Royldene Park Fence - December 5, 2017
- ANC members to challenge Northern Cape leadership - November 6, 2017
- SOL PLAATJE TO HOST 2018 SANDF ARMED FORCES DAY - November 2, 2017
- Sports star never gives up on goals - October 26, 2017
- Witness testifies against Sol Plaatje municipality - October 23, 2017