Planned Temporary Electricity Interruption on Wednesday 10 May 2017, Thursday 11 May 2017, Friday 12 May 2017 & Monday 15 May 2017 between 08:00-16:00. Areas include Floors, De Beers, Cassandra, Homestead, Gemdene, Squarehill Park & West End.
Kindly be advised of temporary Electricity interruptions that will take place as indicated below. This is due to maintainance work to be carried out by our electrical department. These will take place between 8am and 16:00. The Municipality would like to urge residents and businesses in the affected areas to treat electrical appliances as live because the supply could be restored at an earlier time. Further enquiries could be directed to the Infrastructure Call Centre at 053 830 6111 or SMS 44204. The municipality apologises for the temporary inconvenience.
Below is the schedule of the Electrical Interruptions as well as the Substation and area affected in brackets.
Wednesday, 10 May 2017:
- Community Road Mini 1 Substation (Floors)
- De Beers Terrace Substation (De Beers)
- Pollock Avenue Substation (Cassandra)
Thursday, 11 May 2017:
- Una Street Substation (Homestead)
- Hutton Street Substation (Homestead)
- Ruby Street Substation (Gemdene)
Friday, 12 May 2017:
- Zinnia Avenue Mini Substation (Squarehill Park)
- Waterloo Street Substation (West End)
Monday, 15 May 2017:
- Regent Street Mini (De Beers)
- Compton Street Mini (De Beers)
- Taylor Street Mini (De Beers)
-Via Sello Matsie, Sol Plaatje Communications Manager