The Executive Mayor of Kimberley, Mangaliso Matika, opened the revamped landfill complex of about R28 million yesterday.
The upgrade aims to improve security, curb criminal activity and allow community members to process recyclable materials.
The site has been upgraded with an access control point, weighbridge, toilets & showers, several high mast lights, security fencing, a garden refuse drop op point and 24 hour onsite security.
The municipality expects the upgrades and increased security will help curb the widespread problem of illegal dumping in Kimberley.
Scroll down for further media coverage.
- Kimberley Shutdown March July 2018 – Updates and Developments - July 22, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Sunday 22/07/2018 - July 22, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Saturday 21/07/2018 - July 21, 2018
- KIMBERLEY POWER & WATER OUTAGE 18/07/2018 - July 18, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Saturday 14/07/2018 - July 14, 2018
- SOL INSTRUCTED TO HALT NEW ELECTRICITY TARIFF - June 28, 2018
- Kimberley Load Shedding Status - June 16, 2018
- Kimberley Loadshedding FAQ - June 16, 2018
- Load Shedding Schedule Kimberley – Sol Plaatje Municipality - June 15, 2018
- Tumelo Mosikare • OPEN LETTER TO THE HON MAYOR OF SOL PLAATJE MUNICIPALITY - June 7, 2018
Wordpress is loading infos from coPlease wait for API server guteurls.de to collect data from