As a result of persistent pipe bursts in the area of Nobengula and Adam Nomakola that resulted in flooding of houses in the area due to some parts of the pipe collapsing. We are in a process of commencing with the project to replace the asbestos with PVC pipes which today resulted in the official hand over of the contract with contractors onsite together with the Executive Mayor CLLR Mangaliso Matika and members of the Mayoral Committee.
Work is expected to start on the 09th October 2017 (Monday), the starting point will be from Adam Namakola Street towards the end were the street connects with Stamper Street, as the project moves towards completion we will be working towards Nobengula Street.
The pipeline is about 2 kilometres and it will take about 3 months to complete the replacement. The project is planned such that there will be minimum water supply interruptions. However, where impractical to avoid this, provision will be made of mobile water supply and such disruptions will be communicated to communities in time.
We also expect to create 15 temporary employment for the duration of the project.
VIA GREGORY SELEKE – SPOKESPERSON IN THE OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE MAYOR
- KIMBERLEY POWER & WATER OUTAGE 18/07/2018 - July 18, 2018
- Kimberley Shutdown March July 2018 – Updates and Developments - July 18, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Saturday 14/07/2018 - July 14, 2018
- SOL INSTRUCTED TO HALT NEW ELECTRICITY TARIFF - June 28, 2018
- Kimberley Load Shedding Status - June 16, 2018
- Kimberley Loadshedding FAQ - June 16, 2018
- Load Shedding Schedule Kimberley – Sol Plaatje Municipality - June 15, 2018
- Tumelo Mosikare • OPEN LETTER TO THE HON MAYOR OF SOL PLAATJE MUNICIPALITY - June 7, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Sunday 27/05/2018 - May 27, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Sunday 20/05/2018 - May 20, 2018