Sol Plaatje Municipality launched a borehole registration initiative this week.
All boreholes located within the Sol Plaatje Municipal Boundaries must be registered with the Municipality.
Starting Monday, 5 February 2018 War on Leaks Water Agents will visit homes and businesses throughout Kimberley to verify and register existing boreholes. These agents will wear their Sol Plaatje Uniforms and have identification cards on their person.
The Registration of Boreholes is provisioned for in the Sol Plaatje Municipality Provision of Water Services By – law of 2006.
A complete copy can be found at https://www.kimberley.org.za/?p=721
Boreholes can be proactively registered by e-mailing the following information to email@example.com
- Your Full Name
- Business Name (if applicable)
- Address of property where borehole exists or is proposed
- Erf Number of the property
- Sol Plaatje municipal account number
- Specify if you are are registering an existing borehole or if you are applying for a new borehole.
- The aim of the initiative is to gather information for environmental protection, create a database of boreholes within the Sol Plaatje municipal water supply area, determine possible impact on revenue and to enforce the Water Services by-laws.
- With correct signage, water inspectors can avoid issuing fines during periods when there are water restrictions. This is not a billing or revenue exercise, and property owners will not be billed for a borehole as a result of this exercise.
- These War On Leaks water agents will wear their uniform and have identification cards with them, with all their particulars and the wards they come from. The community is urged to co-operate in this exercise.
- The War On Leaks water agents will also log all water-services related concerns and complaints during this process.
— Sello Matsie Sol Plaatje Municipal Spokesperson
For queries or complaints on the conduct of the water agents you can contact the programme co-ordinators, Michelle van Zyl at 082 456 9266 and Sabelo Mkhize at 073 701 9535.