The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) wishes to inform the citizens of Kimberley and Bloemfontein of an increase in air traffic as well as road traffic during the execution of Armed Forces Day celebrations in the Northern Cape and Bloemfontein respectively.
The Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) number A0498/18 created on 05 February 2018 partially restricts the use of any type of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) and or Drone(s) within the airspace above Kimberley and Bloemfontein at specific times and days. The use of UAV`s as well as domestic / personal drones within the airspace of Kimberley and Bloemfontein is restricted as from Monday, 12 February 2018 until Thursday, 22 February 2018. No UAV or drone will be allowed to take to the skies between 06:00 and 18:00 daily on the days mentioned herein. Any violation of the restriction will be reported to and processed by the relevant military officials and the ICASA officials. The affected flight levels are from ground level up to 19, 500 feet within the airspace of Kimberley and Bloemfontein.
Violation of these regulations could lead to the confiscation of the drone and prosecution in terms of the Civil Aviation Act, Act 13 of 2009.
Defence Corporate Communication
- KimberleyToday, Friday 20/07/2018 - July 20, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Thursday 19/07/2018 - July 19, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Wednesday 18/07/2018 - July 18, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Tuesday 17/07/2018 - July 17, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Monday 16/07/2018 - July 16, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Sunday 15/07/2018 - July 15, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Friday 13/07/2018 - July 13, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Thursday 12/07/2018 - July 12, 2018
- Kimberley Complete Shut Down Strike – 12/07/2018 - July 12, 2018
- KimberleyToday, Wednesday 11/07/2018 - July 11, 2018