- During a water outage or shutdown, switch off your geyser trip switch(es) on your DB board.
- You will save electricity by not heating water you will not be using.
- You can avoid a burnt out element in case your non return valves are not functioning correctly and water drains out of your geyser through the inlet pipe.
- Fill up bath tubs in your house as an extra water source.
- If you have small children in the house you should lock the bathroom door as a child can possibly drown in the bathtub.
- If you have a swimming pool, make sure it is clean and topped up, as it can be your largest most effective water source during an outage.
- Never use containers which was used for any chemicals, industrial or poisonous substances to store water.
Tips which will cost money
- If you have the finances, a JoJo tank coupled to a pressure pump is an excellent investment. If you will be going the DIY route remember to add a non return valve after your municipal water meter. This will prevent losing your water supply by back flow into the municipal system during unplanned outages.