23 October 1907, De Beers swimming pool on Warren Street opened to the public.
Warren Street Swimming Pool
The De Beers’ swimming bath opened to the public on 23 October 1907. From its inception the Kimberley Boys’ High School pupils had exclusive use of the bath in Warren Street for an hour on Tuesdays at 2d each. In the 1920s the pupils from St Patrick’s Christian Brothers’ College utilized the baths. The South African Police Services used the pool and adjacent buildings in the 1990s up until early 2001, and ownership reverted to government. Today, the swimming pool is filled in and is a car parking area. The room between the swimming pool and De Beers Mining Company Boardroom – a Billiards room – was opened 28 May 1895.