Four disgruntled ANC members in Northern Cape are going the legal route to challenge the May regional conference of the party.
The applicants want the election of leaders at that conference set aside.
The leaders say they are not intimidated.
African National Congress – Northern Cape Province – Press Release
Sunday 05/11/2017 2:00pm · Kimberley
The ANC in the Northern Cape on Imminent Papers that will be filed tomorrow.
The African National Congress in the Northern Cape has learnt from the media about imminent papers that will be filed tomorrow, 06 November 2017 at the High Court in Kimberley at 10am to nullify the 08th Provincial conference of the ANC. We have been clear in our correspondence to Mabuza Inc, that although we respect the courts and the constitution of this country, we are by no means intimidated.
We have reiterated the fact that the 8th Provincial Conference of the ANC in the Northern Cape was constitutional and we are prepared to go against anyone who suggests otherwise, not only in defence of the PEC but of the ANC.
The ANC is aware that these disgruntled members are being used as pawns by those who are still not over the outcome of conference and refuse to be led. We have on so many occasions extended the olive branch to these comrades, but are surprised time and time again by their action.
We further need to reiterate that to become an ANC leader is not a birthright, the right to elect leaders rests firmly in the hands of branches. Only the Branches of the ANC can decide who leads the ANC.
Issued by the ANC in the Northern Cape
Media Liaison Coordinator
- KIMBERLEY SHUTDOWN – HOW WE GOT HERE - July 20, 2018
- THE NORTHERN CAPE WILL BE THE HARDEST HIT BY CLIMATE CHANGE - June 29, 2018
- Community Leader Replies to ANC Statement on Sol Electricity Tariffs - June 28, 2018
- Water Outage & Water Restoration Tips - March 24, 2018
- Piet Els Farm Attack Latest Coverage & Updates - January 24, 2018
- Die Gariep Kunstefees sê Koebaai - January 22, 2018
- Sol Plaatje Municipality Mayoral Councillors stop Royldene Park Fence - December 5, 2017
- ANC members to challenge Northern Cape leadership - November 6, 2017
- SOL PLAATJE TO HOST 2018 SANDF ARMED FORCES DAY - November 2, 2017
- Sports star never gives up on goals - October 26, 2017
Wordpress is loading infos from encaPlease wait for API server guteurls.de to collect data from